Sunday, February 27, 2011

When to book a Cake Baker

I wanted to post a quick guideline of a schedule on when to book your cake baker. According to The Knot, you should start shopping for a cake baker  6 to 8 months before your wedding.  Because I also attend school full time in addition to running Brown Sugar, I'm one of those cake bakers that tend to book closer to the wedding date, versus cake bakers that do this full time and can book up to a year in advance. I personally tend to book all September dates. October, April and May are also pretty popular months.  For all those 2012 brides out there that I met yesterday, that should give you an idea on when to start looking for a cake baker ( preferably Brown Sugar Custom Cakes :)   I'm going to be working on new cake flavors and cake fillings, so you late 2011 and 2012 brides are in for a special treat.


Cake by the King of Southern Wedding Cakes Mr. Jim Smeal
(sighhhhhhhh, how gorgeous)

These are one of the bakers that you have to book over a year in advance just to get the date you want!
Brown Sugar isn't on that level yet since I am new, but I hope to be soon!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment